Necessary goodbyes.

Saturday, November 12, 2016


I still remember the day I finally got to my senses and said, "That's it. I don't deserve any of this crap."

For years I was chasing something I thought I lost because I was stupid. I spent days, weeks, months and years, telling everyone that it was my fault and I'm doing all my best to win something back. For years I was like a sad, unwanted puppy, chasing its owner. I accepted harsh words and actions because I thought I deserved everything; hoping that eventually, everything will be okay. I was secretly wanting something back despite a number of people telling me stop. I know I deserved better, but I chose to stay with the 'good' one. I was blinded by all the 'good' memories, that I didn't see there were more bad ones. I've seen and felt all the wrong things, but I was still okay with it; I accepted everything. I was always clinging on to sweet gestures rather than a promise of a reconciliation. Whenever I wanted to stop, I would always be told that I might regret my decisions. I was always given false hopes, and I didn't want to leave with what ifs.

After more than 3 years, I've finally had it. I wasn't totally over it, but I had the courage to stay away. And focus on things that make me busy, make me more productive. I surrounded myself with people who love me. 

They say a cure to a broken heart is finding new love. I say, no. It's acceptance. It's being open to the thought that some things are worth our time, our attention, our love. That if they truly value and love us, they wouldn't do things that would hurt us. And at the end of the day, the only person who would truly love you is yourself. Only after this, would you truly be open to new relationships. 

It's never wrong to fight for something, just as long as you don't lose yourself while doing it.

To those who are going through the same thing right now, I wish you peace and strength. Remember that everything will eventually be alright, if not, even better. God never puts you in trials you cannot overcome.

Right now, I'm happy and absolutely thankful. :) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments