My Nook Cafe experience

Sunday, January 15, 2017

There was so much hype about this restaurant and because I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter, it was obvious that I really wanted to check it out. It was an unplanned visit, as I brought there for a 'surprise' so I wasn't able to wear my Harry Potter shirt. I was actually expecting a lot. But when I got there, I was surprised to see that the place was really small, I don't think it can fit any more than 15 people. What's even more frustrating was that there was only 1 cashier (who also took orders and makes the coffee) and 1 person assigned in the kitchen. So if you're a slightly big group, not only would you wait long (to be seated), you'd also have to wait a bit long for your food. For a place with so much hype, I was expecting they'd know how much people would want to dine in and that they'd know how to manage the crowd. I believe there were about 2 groups who got tired and couldn't wait so they just took pictures and left. 

The 2nd floor was small too, as it can hold only 6 people. I was actually thinking of leaving already as I wasn't really enjoying that much. Here are photos I took inside the cafe:


I was surprised to see Twighlight and Percy Jackson books there. I felt uncomfortable, as I was in a 'Harry Potter-themed' cafe.





I did find Harry's room, and Dobby too! 



That bacon-wrapped chicken though was soooo good!


Cauldron and Butterbeer cupcakes and the Nook Overload -- which was good, if not for the sandwich.


Snitch Truffle



If there's a ever a day wherein this place is not that jam-packed, I'm sure the stay will be pretty worthwhile. Considering the food are affordable and okay too. As for me, was the experience okay? Yes. Will I go back, probably not. Unless they decide to move to a bigger place. :)

This is just my honest review, I've read a couple others and their experience was really good. So if you really want to go and check it out, just go for it. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments