Leny Ming goes to Japan part 1

Sunday, March 01, 2015

Hello everyone! Some of you might've known that I spent about 6 days in Japan last week. I kind of went on a ninja mode since I didn't announce it publicly until I landed at the Narita airport. It was only my 2nd time traveling outside the country and my first in Japan so I was really excited. It was still really cold there so I had to pack mostly sweaters and jackets -- which made my luggage heavy already. Haha. I was starting to worry about the weight of my luggage so to be sure, I requested an additional 10 kilos when I travel back from Japan. 

We left really early on Saturday (around 3am for a 5am flight). I was planning to have my money exchanged at the airport but since we were running out of time, I had to wait until we get to Japan to have my money exchanged. At the airport, the foreign exchange only allowed a maximum of 10,000 php to be exchanged. For my remaining money, I had to find other banks to have them exchanged. 

It was reaaaallllllllllly cold when we went out of the airport. I can barely feel my face haha! I wasn't able to get my jacket right away so I had to bear the cold with my furry sweater. Hahaha. We rode this bus to get to the hotel and maaaaaaan, it was so clean everywhere. I mean seriously! That's probably one of things I would miss about that place -- add the traffic-free roads and the obedient pedestrians.



We traveled mostly via trains and we didn't experience any hassle while doing so - aside from getting lost because of too many train lines/routes, good thing everyone was nice there and very helpful to tourists. Haha. Going back to our train experience, no one would push you while trying to get in, trains would arrive on time and everyone would fall in line properly. I wish public transport is just like that here too. I'd be glad to take the mrt/ride the bus everyday. Hehe.

Majority of our stay was in Tokyo and we spent about 2 days in Osaka. Will tell you more things about the trip on my next post. For now, here are some photos form Day 1 :)







I initially planned on taking pictures of everything but I was too happy about the trip that I only took very few. Talk about documenting! 

Wait up for my next post, okay? :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments